Monday, November 23, 2015

She Reads Truth :: Psalms of Gratitude, Day 1

During this time, I am going through She Reads Truth's "Psalms of Gratitude" Study. This is my response to day 1, Psalm 100. I know...I am starting late in the study, but this is a perfect season to express thanks. I love that the activity asks you to respond to God. This is my prayer, my thanksgiving, my song of gratitude to God.

Shout triumphantly to the Lord, all the earth.
Serve the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.

You are the Healer! 
You restore & make all things new! 
In me, You make all things new.

Acknowledge that Yahweh is God.
He made us, and we are His —
His people, the sheep of His pasture.

We are Yours, forever Yours. 
Til the end of my days, remind me that I am Yours. 
Even when we turn, we are Yours.
We are in Your hands.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him and praise His name.

We praise You because we are made in Your divine image. 
Some piece of me reflects You, though I am unworthy. 
You bend down and call me Yours. 

I will praise You because each day is a blessing. 
Though they can be hard, we praise You because each day is written in Your book. 
May You be glorified by each of my days.

For Yahweh is good, and His love is eternal;
His faithfulness endures through all generations.


I know that I can write many more verses and versions of this song of thanks. My prayer is that this song would become a posture of praise, thanks, and worship to Him. 

What does your song of gratitude look like? Follow along at SRT for more Psalms of Gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. the psalms are a great reminder that life is hard but God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true! It's comforting when I read David's words and reminded that he is seen and heard, just as I am.

      Delete