Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Hello again! It is that time of the week: Thankful Thursday.

On this cooler, rainy Thursday, I am particularly thankful for a warm cup of coffee! I love waking up and having some coffee. Rather, I should say that I love to have a little coffee with my creamer.

I am thankful for early, but slow mornings with the babe. Sure they can be exhausting, but those early morning, slowly still waking up play sessions are just the sweetest. You can see her investigating and learning about every little thing.

I am thankful for lovely hikes. Nature is my jam. It is so rejuvenating. Hiking makes me so appreciative of all that is around me. It forces me to pay closer attention to details. It forces me to take a break and enjoy.

I am thankful for watching the sun set. Need I say more?!

I am thankful for a jogging stroller. Hard runs are hard, but jogging strollers make jogging with Harper so much more enjoyable. It is by no means easy! It's a good challenge, just what I need right now. I love it and look forward to running more with her.

I am thankful for high school football. Harper experienced her first football game tonight and she loved it. My high school football team was not good, so any opportunity we have to watch a team do well is a blast!

I am thankful for learning about sign gifts. In our life group this week, we discussed the sign gifts that are mentioned in the Bible. In preparation, I had to learn new things about speaking in tongues, healing, and prophecy. I enjoyed the challenge and I hope the students got a lot out of it.

I am thankful for long walks and talks. Long walks make for great opportunities to have conversations. I am not the type of person that can go on a 30 minute walk and not say a word, that is not me--unless I am forced! To this end, I cannot say that I have been forced to do so yet; however, I am sure there will be a time to come that all I will do on a walk is listen while Harper talks to me. That, I am so looking forward to! So, maybe it won't be 'forced,' rather I would enjoy listening to her thoughts and life-happenings.

I am thankful for this season of life. I want to always and forever be thankful for whatever season of life I am in. Sometimes it is hard. Sometimes it is easy. Whatever it is, I love it and want to be thankful for it.

What are you thankful for this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment