Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Woohoo! Another Thursday is here!

I'm thankful for community & accountability. Sometimes your feet are held to the fire to bring about growth and purification. Sometimes (most of the time, perhaps all) it sucks, so you need someone there to stand with you and bandage your feet after the wreckage. Yes, I'm thankful for those lovely people in my life.

I'm thankful for tithing & giving. Tithing and giving are important disciplines, but they aren't just disciplines--they are a delight! Once you let it become a habit, it truly is easier and you can then be the cheerful giver you are called to be. Also, I love that you can tithe 10% of pretty much anything as long as your heart is in the right place. I spend a lot of time on the computer or phone, for every hour I spend, 6 minutes of that needs to be given back to the Lord. I can send an encouraging text to a friend. Read a few verses of scripture. Even turn off my phone and pray for that time. Scroll through my contacts and pray for those people. Six minutes isn't much.

I'm thankful that there's progress being made on containing the Bastrop fires. I'm praying for those that are affected by the fire!

I'm thankful for a Texas win against OU. The few wins we've had this season are hard fought. I will relish in it! Hook 'em. Also, Bevo has been diagnosed with cancer--so that win was really for him.

I'm thankful for cooler weather and walks in the neighborhood. The weather is finally getting to an enjoyable point. I so enjoy it. Running can commence.

I'm thankful for learning. I attempt to learn something new all the time. I want to keep those synapses firing and grow my neuro-plasticity! Challenging myself. Furthering myself. What are you learning?

I'm thankful for fall. Fall is the marriage of football, pumpkins, apples, browns, reds, oranges, yellows, and ciders & soups. I love it and I now want to go bake while watching football!

I'm thankful for listening. Listening is such a key element to life. We get so hung up on talking and don't spend much time listening. I often am guilty of this. I want to be there for others and part of that is just showing up when necessary and LISTENING. This is a challenge for me--listening and truly soaking those words in, not listening and thinking about what to say next.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment