Friday, December 18, 2015

#FridayFive :: Five Hopes in the New Year

http://mrsdisciple.com/five-hopes-promising-new-year/

With the eve of the New Year nigh upon us, I wanted to discuss five hopes I have for 2016. These hopes, some may result in life change and a perspective shift, are something I'm looking forward to!

In 2016, I hope to learn more.
I long to be reflective and recognize what I've learned over the course of each month. I have so enjoyed linking up with emily p. freeman for her monthly reflection of what she has learned. Since I am out of school, it's so important for me to continually stretch my mind and by putting that in writing, I am committing to it and identifying how I have grown.

I have asked for a few resources to help me learn something new this year. One of those is a hand-lettering kit for Christmas in an effort to learn how to create some beautiful hand-lettered art. I also look forward to reading some great books and blogs as well.

In 2016, I hope to be more intentional.
I long to be intentional with my family, the ministry I'm part of, and the community I'm in. Each person has needs that must be met differently, I desire to identify those needs and intentionally meet them in whatever means I can. Our family motto is 'Love God. Love People. Have a Purpose.' Being intentional is exactly that!

In 2016, I hope to be used.
Used. Used, not in the sense of 'used and abused,' rather I yearn to be utilized by the Lord. I want to be obedient. Hands open to whatever comes. I want to remember to hold loosely to the things of this life and be used by God--whatever that may look like.

In 2016, I hope to adventure.
We will be venturing down a new year, another year of life with our daughter, another year of marriage, and into whatever is coming our way. I love adventuring, exploring and discovering. I want to do more of that with my daughter. Harper is going to explore a whole new world--and I am so excited to be staying home with her to adventure alongside her.

In being obedient and being open to being used by God, adventure will come!

In 2016, I hope to love well.
Loving well and not looking back. Loving others without regret. Not worrying about what loving others looks like. Not questioning how it will all work out, rather loving with no regard. When I love others well, Proverbs 31 comes to life.

What hopes do you have? Link up with Mrs. Disciple and let us know!

1 comment:

  1. Taking time to reflect on all you have learned is a great practice. Life gets so busy, especially with the addition of your little one. It sounds like you have a great year ahead of you! Thanks for linking up! #FridayFive

    ReplyDelete