Saturday, December 12, 2015

#FridayFive :: Five Joys

These joys are so simple, yet so very important to the season of life that I am currently in. I would love to continually post Five Joys for my week. I will be posting later about 'Joy being found in Servanthood;' however, at this point in time, my brain can only handle composing these 5 things that bring me great joy.

http://mrsdisciple.com/choose-joy/

Running
I need this outlet. Running is therapeutic for me and it is necessary for my sanity. The pounding of the pavement and my heart inside my chest, it's both challenging and life-giving. Joy is found in each difficult step, knowing that I'm running towards the prize.

Hot Showers
As of late + being a momma, self-hygiene got pushed to the back burner more often than I would like to admit. I never realized how beautiful a hot shower truly was until I didn't get to do it nearly as much. :) Hot showers are relaxing and rejuvenating and this momma needs more of them! I'm sure those around me would appreciate it as well.

Snuggles
Baby snuggles are the absolute best and I get so much joy from it! Harper is probably the best snuggler around town. I want time to freeze when we snuggle. I often stare at her--taking every tiny thing in. I long to notice each hair, breath, and grasp. Having this perspective makes each moment with her special, and I'm often reminded that my longing for my daughter is like my longing for my Savior. I want to learn everything about our Creator because He loves me. He knows me.

Date Nights
It's so very important for my husband and I to be intentional in spending time with one another. I don't want to lose sight of our first love for one another. Date nights are a routine and it's an event that is very much looked forward to.

Good Books and Quiet Time
I've always enjoyed reading, though it became a chore while in school. As of late, I feel that this joy had been rekindled! I was blessed to have been on the launch team for Jen Hatmaker's book For the Love in March. It was exactly what my soul needed. Since then, it has sparked an interest and true enjoyment in reading once more. I have now taken part in several book launch teams and I cannot say enough about the joy I get when I read and recommend these books to friends! I've also begun to have a better, and more consistent quiet time because of this deepened desire to read. God is so good. I have seen how He has used each of these launch teams to pull me closer to Him.

What are five joys in your life? What brings you joy? Link up to Mrs. Disciple and share your #FridayFive!

2 comments:

  1. We could be sisters! I love all of those things so much! I am glad you have a spark while reading God's word. That is a hard thing for young mamas to keep doing. Keep it up, sister! Thanks for linking up! #FridayFive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kelly! It's been a challenge to be consistent in digging into God's word, but so very rewarding!

      We should definitely grab coffee sometime--you know, with book #2 and a launch party and all!

      Delete