Saturday, July 10, 2010

Patience

It's summer. I'm a nanny. :) I enjoy it; the girl is going into 5th grade. There are days that I come home and I LOVE it and then there are other days that I come home and HATE it.

She'll make up songs about how much she hates me, she'll give me death stares, she'll even tell on me to her parents, and things of that nature. All the while, she really does like me. Having this happen to me several times, I have realized that the Lord is teaching me patience. This summer, I will be learning patience and how to wait on the Lord.

He is showing me that life may be difficult and I may not have all the answers, but I must be patient. I must wait. He has everything in His hands; life operates on His time, not mine. Although there are times that I recognize this and blatantly desire the opposite. Why? I am a planner. I like to know where I'll be in couple of weeks. Although, I know that my life is not my own. I am owned by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He holds the world together! And I am not patient enough to wait on a job, even though I know He has it in His hands. I need not worry. I need not be anxious or antsy. He has my best interest at heart. He desires better things for me than what I could ever possibly imagine. I will TRUST in that, I will HOPE in that.

I find rest and peace in knowing that His hands hold my life together. The fact that He loves me enough to even hold my life together astounds me, for I am one of millions. I am but a grain of sand, and He cares enough for me to have my best interest at heart! How incredible!

God is good!

1 comment: