Monday, June 7, 2010

Epic Float Trip

The float trip some friends and I took yesterday was the catalyst for Summer 2010!

We took, what we thought was going to be a 3 hour float, and completed our course in 6 hours. :o) Although it sounds crazy, it was enjoyable. However, my body is now burned and loathing me. (I look at the soon-to-be tan, and realize that it will be over soon!)

This summer, all the while looking for a teaching job, I will be babysitting and doing some childcare work! It'll be a good summer: floating the river, swimming laps with Anika, loving on kids, and interviewing for teaching positions! Tan LaRae...have you EVER seen that?!? Nope. But you will! And I look forward to the excitement that this summer will bring. I know that I'll fill my time with books and running and eating tons! S'mores and fun will be had by all!

I have made a commitment to become more physically fit, as well as spiritually fit! What an awesome journey this will be! I'm going to start my running program again tomorrow morning and I will be watching Anika (in which we will go to the pool!), and I am in the process of eating healthier. This will be an adventure and I will keep track of it in this manner...logging what physical exercise takes place each day and then keeping track of making healthy snack choices. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment