Monday, January 18, 2010

Couch to 5k...Here We Go!

Today marks the beginning of a new era: I resolve to actually ENJOY running! Crazy, right? Well...I found this half marathon I want to do in October and I feel like I should like running to run THAT much! =)

Regardless, I have started a nine-week program wherein by the end of it, I should be able to run a 5k without stopping! It's a cool thing...you start by mixing up walking and jogging and eventually leave the walking out!

Week one, day one = DONE!
Wednesday will be W1D2...and I'm pumped!

If you would like to join me or even try the program yourself, I found the workout here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml?act=AFC-SocialMedia&Property=CoolRunning&Sport=Running&PageType=Content_Articles&Emp=TO&PostType=Profile_Link&Site=C25kfacebook&Dy=8_11_09&Note=C25kfanpagelink

I am determined to finish this program, run a 5k, work towards a 10k, completing that, and then train for the half marathon...and then FINISHING that! It is a lot, but I know that the Lord will be made great through all of it and I'm excited to see it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment