Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Change

2010 has begun! I pray that the Lord would bless your life in ways unfathomable to us in this year! =)

I have decided that I'm going to post my New Years Resolutions so as to be held accountable, because we all know that by Valentine's, these resolutions will merely become a starting list for 2011.

In 2010, I resolve to:

--eat better! High blood pressure runs on BOTH sides of my family, and I just want to take precautionary measures to better my life.

--exercise consistently, both spiritually and physically! That calls for at least 30 minutes of exercise per day..and if not daily, at least three times a week. As for spiritual exercise, I need to get in The Word. On a DAILY basis. There are no shortcuts or loopholes, that's that.

--be conscientious of my posture. I know that sounds silly. As I student teach, I have realized that when I teach a lesson and have poor posture, so then my professionalism is poor. With that said, if you see me slouching or whatever, poke me in the back and tell me to get my shoulders up--Mom always did that as I was growing up. Seems I still need it! =)

--be intentional with the third graders in Mr. Cowan's class. I want to truly get to know them and their hearts. The Lord has put them in my class for a reason and I just want to love them.

--be intentional with my Cohort! As this is our last semester of college, I want to eat out (or in) with them. I want to go on different outings: karaoke, hiking, shopping, coffee chats, basketball games, etc. Whatever it is, I want to do it!

--be mindful of the meals for the week. I'm still learning how to be a better wife. As both of us are heading towards being a real grown up (Tyler already is, but I'm not), I figure I should be better organized in that area. In doing so, I'll plan meals within our budget.

--be on top of teacher stuff. (E.g.-cert. test registration, studying for those cert tests, applications to school districts, etc.)




I believe that's it! The Lord blessed Tyler and I immensely so in 2009 and we can only wait to see what 2010 holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment