Monday, May 23, 2011

Only the Beginning...

As this school year comes to a close, I am eagerly looking forward to the 2011-2012 school year. It will be my first year to teach first grade. I have student taught in first, but having my own classroom filled to the brim with precious first graders excites me!

With all of the excitement, I am continually constructing a list that is on-going and on-growing! Of the things that I must do to get ready for the coming adventures in first grade, I have rated my utmost priority as this.... ORGANIZATION! As this year ends, I have realized that I have sat at my actual desk ONE time in this entire year. It isn't because I don't like it, rather it is because there's no way for me to actually sit there. It has become a dumping ground for all things that I do not need right away, for all things that students return, and for all things that students give me.

Since this realization, I now uphold 'organization' of utmost importance. I have learned that first graders FLOURISH under organization; it calms them, eases their minds--as well as mine!

Do you have any suggestions as to where I should even start? I am ever so willing to listen to the pros! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just found your cute blog. A great resource for overall management of a classroom is the book by Harry Wong
    First Days of School. Start your year out with structure and routines and make sure to follow it through consistently.

    Congrats on finishing your year and looking forward to the new one ahead. Stop on by my blog.

    Denise
    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete