Friday, April 2, 2010

Jobs

I know that everyone graduating is in a job application frenzy right now, and it stresses me out; however, I know that the Lord will provide me with a job that He finds perfectly fitting for me! How awesome is that?! Yet...here I am, freaking out. Why is it so hard to let the Lord have EVERYTHING? I want to keep the little things, rather than hand it over to Him. I don't want that stress anymore because I know He's got everything in His hands...so why should I fret?

Yesterday, I was talking with my CT and there's a position opening up where I student teach. I love the idea of staying where I'm at: I love the administration, staff, and the kids! I have experience there, I know the people I would be working with...but is it where the Lord wants me? I'm not sure. I would love the position; however, I know that administration will look internally first for people wanting the job: other teachers, tutors, etc. And then they will look to experienced teachers, of which I am not. And then finally they will look for new teachers--that's ME! :0)

It's the whole hierarchy of hiring that stresses me out. I want the Lord to have this part of my life. I've been selfishly harboring it because I thought I could figure it out on my own. I have now realized that I successfully cannot handle the job situation on my own and I never will. I need the Lord to take that from me, so I won't mess it up. I don't wanna be in the way of wherever He wants to place me. I just want to be obedient to His calling.

I am asking for His guidance and direction, and discernment when jobs do come; and praising Him for being my provider! Graduation is just around the corner and I know that great things are to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment