Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer...my mini vaca!

Well, being in Houston with Tyler has caused me to reevaluate things, create "me" time, and finish up thank you notes! Since I'm here in a hotel with no car, there are days that I waste by doing absolutely nothing-Mom would not be proud. But I have been buckling down with the thank you notes and have been getting into the Word, so it's not all bad. But I'm realizing just how much I need and yearn to be around people. Interact. Laugh. Love. Encourage. I have learned that I desire to fellowship with others! =) Even though I know that because of my personality, but never to this degree.


I do have plenty of time to sit and be quiet. I need that. I didn't realize how much I could learn from being still and listening to the Lord. I am finally allowing Him to speak, and I can truly listen! It's incredible.


Some scripture that has been brought to my attention is found in Revelation. Tyler and I went out to eat with some friends and the mother of the house pulled me aside for a second and shared this with me:
"Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place." Revelation 2:4-5

At first, these verses blew past me. I didn't at all consider how I could apply this to my own life. I was slapped in the face with it. Mrs. Caldwell said that she and her husband pray verse 4 over each other and their own lives. It's easy in the first couple of months of marriage to find things about the other person that you don't like and want to change. In reality, it's easier to argue with each other about them or get mad at your spouse, but like verse 4 says that "You have forsaken your first love." You must remember why you first loved them. You can't let something so minute take away the love you have for your spouse or for the Lord!


When we get mad at life, be it our spouse or something the Lord has placed before us, do not forget your first love. Do not forget what made you love the Lord and your spouse.


Tyler and I have the opportunity to lead a Sunday School class together and I couldn't be more excited! I am so pumped to see how the Lord will use us together! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment