Friday, October 9, 2015

Thankful Thursday :: Belated!

I know it's Friday, but I still want to express my gratitude, so here's my belated 'Thankful Thursday' post!

I'm so thankful for forgiveness and grace! It's truly freeing when these things are given out, and in turn, I want to throw it around like confetti. Try it!


I'm thankful for a date night to see Leon Bridges at ACL Live Taping. Here's his song 'Shine,' enjoy! Tyler and I had a great time together! Leon has fantastic stage presence, and though I doubt we were filmed since we were in the balcony, we definitely shouted for him. I'm sure our neighbors loved us.

I'm thankful for worship. We discussed worship with our junior class and it was honestly a lovely experience. I love that worship is a response of the heart, not just a set time for corporate worship on Sunday mornings. I needed the reminder of what worship truly is and how I am doing it day in and day out.

 I'm thankful for hard conversations. Though they may not necessarily be pleasant, we all need these types of conversations. You know the ones, they may step on your toes some but ultimately bring about grace, truth, and allowing the Holy Spirit to change your life. Yeah, those!

I'm thankful for Petra. There's one song I continually sing over Harper, that I will force her to learn one day. The song 'I Love You, Lord' is a short, sweet, and honest song. I love singing it over her while she's being fussy because it ultimately alters my perspective on the issue at hand. Of course I do what I can to get her to stop crying, but there are times that she won't. It is those times that I like to think that she is singing to the Lord. He hears her cries. He loves them. After having two miscarriages, the cries are a reminder of God's faithfulness in our lives. I pray that my heart would continually be reminded of that sweet truth, rather than get upset over Harper being expressive in this way.

I'm thankful for photos. Memories sealed in a capsule. Printed and enjoyed. I need more printed photos in my life. Reminders of the blessings in my life.

I'm thankful for Amazon Prime. 2 day shipping is the BEST! I can get real paperback/hardback books in my hands in two days and I don't even have to leave the house. Lazy, perhaps. Amazing, definitely! I can also find other things to order too, of course.

 
I'm thankful for the restorative time with family in Oregon. It was truly beautiful last weekend and my soul desperately needed that time in the wilderness, surrounded by His creation.


What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment